Ordering your Photo Book
Your wedding album should tell the story of your wedding day, in a balanced way. You need a good mix of documentary images, portraits, details but it’s also important the album flows well. Too much of one thing and not enough of another will create a disjointed album that doesn’t cover all aspects of the day. The below fine art album flows well, and has a good balance of images from throughout the day.
The ordering process is really simple and outlined in 8 steps below;
- Select your favourite photos within your Pixieset gallery and share that selection with me.
- Complete the ‘Order Form’ near the bottom of this page
- I’ll send you an invoice. 50% of the album cost is due at the start of the design process and you can pay by bank transfer
- I’ll start designing your album and have the first draft with you within 7 days
- Using the online album view, add feedback for me and I’ll make any changes before the album goes to print. It’s important to be clear and concise – 2 rounds of design are included, but additional rounds are £50 each.
- I’ll action your comments and send you the final design for your approval
- Once you give me the green light, I’ll send you over an invoice for the balance.
- Once payment is received, I’ll send it off to Folio Albums and you can expect your beautiful fine art album in around 4 weeks.
Choosing your photos
Now for the exciting and sometimes really difficult part, choosing photographs! Choose your favourite photos and share that selection with me. I always recommend taking a day or two, and revisiting before sharing your choices with me. The easiest way to share your choices is to create a favourites list within your gallery.
Rather than thinking “I should have a picture of Auntie Anne in there”, just choose those images that you absolutely adore and that remind you how you felt on your wedding day.
The number of photos to choose depends on the number of spreads within your album.
As a guide:
15 spreads – 30-40 images
On average I use 3 images per page (with some pages containing more) and select images that create a story and flow well. This means not all photographs will feature in the album but my aim while designing your album is that it flows well, and photos within a spread complement each other.
If you have any photos that you particularly love, pop the file names in an email to me. These are the ones that will be on my ‘must include’ list and I’ll design the album around them. Of course, you can always add extra spreads between the initial and final proof!
Two rounds of amendments are included, so even though you have selected the majority of the images yourself, there is still a opportunity to make changes before the album goes to print. Once I received your selection, I will prepare a first proof which I will send to you for approval. Two additional rounds of amendments is £50.
While the book is noted as 15 spreads / 30 pages, technically speaking you can have any number of spreads you wish for between 15 and 45. This is especially helpful if your selection just needs those extra few pages to fit your favourite photos. Extra spreads are £7 each.
a choice of 17 colours of classic linen, or natural hessian.
Laser etching is available in two styles, ‘Futura’ or ‘Perpetua’ shown below. Most couples opt for the text to read either ‘Name + Name’ or ‘Name & Name’. If you’d like to see examples of your names in either style, let me know and I’ll send you some :).
Sometimes it’s really difficult to narrow down selections. That’s totally ok! If your struggling to stick to 100-120 images I’ve asked you to select there is always the option to add extra spreads. Each spread allows on average an additional 3 photographs and are £7 each. Most couple choose to add 5 – 10 extra spreads.
Time for all your details!